Saturday, August 15, 2009

Amish Friendship Bread, At long Last...

It has been quite some time since I last blogged. I was very excited when I started this blog and had notions of it becoming a grand project. However, I've encountered some difficulty with the formatting on this site, or the lack thereof. I've decided to teach myself some basic HTML but like most decisions in my life, it may take me sometime to follow through with that. Until then, I've resigned myself to put up with the awkward spacing and basic font styles.

This next creation was a bit of a surprise. My roommate came home with a baggie of “friendship”, which we quickly created other names for. (They will remain unmentioned simply because I do not want to deter you from this recipe) In a ‘starter’ state, it doesn’t look appetizing nor does it smell like something you would enjoy consuming; but if you can get over the yeasty smell, it creates such a wonderful cake-like bread. You can find a starter recipe at this link:http://www.squidoo.com/amish-friendship-bread-starter (Be sure to follow the “Making Amish Friendship Bread from starter” section when you are ready to bake)

Once the “friendship” was ready for baking, my roommate and I also added some walnuts, apple sauce and skor (toffee) bits to the ingredients. Our batch yielded enough to make two loaves, one of which we decided would become a BundT. Below are a few shots of our masterpieces.

I highly recommend this recipe especially if you’re looking for some bonding time with family and friends. It is straight forward and you can add all of your favourite things into the mix. The more, the better! Happy Baking!

Get crazy, get loco, get doida!©

Xo ~ L

No comments: